11:17 A.M. Another good find by Kenny !!! …

ShitzUnGigglesHeader

A woman is suing her dildo manufacturer for knowing too much about when and how she uses it. A few weeks ago, two researchers told the Defcon hacking convention audience that We Vibe “smart” sex toys send a lot of data about their users back to the company that makes them. According to Courthouse News, one We Viber took this news hard. A woman known only as “N.P.” filed a class action civil suit in a federal court in Illinois against Standard Innovation, which makes the We Vibe line of sex toys and corresponding app. The smartphone app lets users “customize” their We Vibe experience, unlock app-only “bonus” vibration modes such as the “cha-cha-cha” and the “crest,” and “create unlimited custom playlists,” according to the product’s website. In the suit, N.P. says she bought a We Vibe in May and used it “several times” until she realized that it was sending data about her usage practices back to Standard Innovation’s servers, including when she used it, which vibration settings she used, and her email address …

AfterLaughMorb

Source: Knuckledraggin My Life Away | Where Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Sep / 11 12:40 P.M. A look back …

2015MThoughtsHeader

I found this quite interesting … As the date today resonated in my thoughts … I found this on the MLB site  … Baseball slammed to a halt … America’s pastime !!! … … But a week later got back at it …

“This is getting annoying.” Ballplayers are creatures of the night, as dictated by the season schedule. A morning phone call is a nuisance. A morning phone call on the day of your Major League debut is a disturbance. And multiple morning phone calls on the day of your debut — even if it’s friends or family members on the other line, trying to wish you good luck — is an invitation to agitation.

Jason Middlebrook had worked so hard and waited for so long to get to this day. Years earlier, he was a promising young right-hander who overwhelmed the opposition in high school in Grass Lake, Mich., pitched for Team USA in the World Junior Baseball Championships and had such an inspiring first season at Stanford that Baseball America named him its Freshman Pitcher of the Year. And then, sophomore year, his elbow began to hurt. Along came the surgery and the mechanical tweaks aimed at recovering what was lost. Middlebrook caught a break in 1996, when the Padres drafted him and gave him a $755,000 bonus, an unheard-of amount for a ninth-round pick. And for the next five years, he made the long, slow slog toward the Majors, enduring a string of statistical and health setbacks before San Diego finally summoned him in September of 2001.

He was, at 26 years old, scheduled to make his debut start on this day, a Tuesday, at Qualcomm Stadium, and all he wanted was some early morning rest. But that dang phone kept ringing. Middlebrook finally picked it up. His wife, Wendy, was on the other end in tears. “Turn on the TV,” she told him, and Middlebrook did as instructed and saw what we all saw. “Forget my debut,” he thought to himself. “Our lives have just been altered.”

911-powerpoint-1-638

Good read … Click the link below for entire article …

Sept24Icon

 

 

Source: A look back at Sept. 11 and its impact on MLB | MLB.com

4:19 A.M. Two losers collide !!! …

 

Mar2015WAWHeader

One of the Twitter trolls who forced Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones off Twitter earlier this year has gone public insisting he’s not sorry for attacking her online. Milo Yiannopoulos tells U.S. news show Nightline he was doing “God’s work” when he took aim at the Saturday Night Live regular, using racist and misogynistic messages that led the 48-year-old to briefly quit social media.


Yiannopoulos hit a low when he compared Jones to an ape shortly after the release of Ghostbusters in July. But he insists he was justified in tweeting what he did.

Ghostbusterape

MORBNOTE ; I’d say he had a valid point there …

“Trolling is very important,” he said in a taped interview set to air on Friday. “I like to think of myself as a virtuous troll… I’m doing God’s work.”

MORBNOTE II ; That’s where he blows it !!! … ‘ Trolling is important ‘ ?!!!! … ‘ God’s work ‘ !!!? … Don’t bring in the human created fantasy of a god to justify your actions !!! … ASSHOLE !!! …

Jones complained to Twitter bosses about the severity of Yiannopoulos’ tweets and they banned him from the social networking platform, but that just fuelled his hatred for Jones – and now he insists the idea of celebrities playing the victim is wrong.

He tells Nightline, “This idea that celebrities are these fragile wallflowers, give me a break,” he told Nightline. “That the stars of Hollywood blockbusters are sitting at home crying into their iPhones.”

The troll may have been banned from Twitter but his tweets prompted others to attack Jones – and that eventually prompted her to sign off of all platforms. “It’s just too much. It shouldn’t be like this,” she wrote before quitting Twitter in late July. “So hurt right now.” Leslie opened up about the online attacks during an appearance on Seth Meyers’ late night show in the U.S. on 21 July, revealing, “What’s scary about the whole thing is that the insults didn’t hurt me. Unfortunately, I’m used to the insults. That’s unfortunate, but what scared me was the injustice of a gang of people jumping against you for such a sick cause. “It’s so gross and mean and unnecessary. So it was just like one of those things like, ‘OK, if I hadn’t said anything, nobody would have ever knew about this (sic). All those people still would have an account.”

With all the problems the world contains right now … It never ceases to amaze me that this kind of crap is what news agencies feel is worthy of their time ‘ reporting ‘ it to us !!! … ‘ Tweets ‘ and ‘ trolls ‘ … Celebrity gossip ‘ … 

WHO GIVES A FUCK !!!

LoafsHeadscratcher

Source: Leslie Jones’ Twitter troll: ‘I was doing God’s work’ | Celebrities | Entertainm

10:10 P.M. This comes from the mind of Nahlah Nayed … Not surprising !!! …

 

AMPDouble

He also wants tougher rules for those already living in France: social benefits only after five years, and citizenship after ten years, not five. The headline from a Sarkozy speech last week was, “Be French or go home.” That same week, there was a less polished suggestion from a Hungarian politician: hang pigs’ heads along the border to keep Muslim asylum seekers out. The fundamental message from such politicians on both sides of the Atlantic is there are those who belong and those who don’t. There are good immigrants, and there are bad ones, though those lines are often blurred.

Click on the link for your daily dosage of absolute BULLSHIT !!!! …

I’ll add more to this later …

2ProfileMorb

Source: It’s immigration, stupid: The irresistible politics of keeping people out – World – CBC News

8:16 P.M. NHL’s Gary Bettman vs U.S. senator over concussion !!! …

Mar2015GoodStHeader

gary-bettmanjpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x726

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has brushed aside the latest swipes from U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal over the league’s stance on concussions. Bettman responded Wednesday to attacks earlier this week from Blumenthal, who said that the NHL, and Bettman in particular, were on the wrong side of history regarding the connection between concussions and long-term brain damage. “Obviously the senator has his opinions and we have ours,” Bettman said in an interview. While suggesting that he wouldn’t get into a “public debate about this,” Bettman said he believes “medical and scientific decisions should be made by scientists and physicians.”

That was the essence of his 23-page response to questions from Blumenthal regarding the NHL’s stance on concussions and CTE. Bettman suggested that based on the “consensus” of medical experts, no definitive link had been made between the two. He denied any suggestion that the NHL was “dismissiveness of the evidence” on Wednesday. “If you’ve read the letter you could hardly suggest that a 23-page, single-spaced letter is dismissive,” Bettman said.

The senator rebuked that earlier response, stating Monday that common sense as well as mounting scientific evidence demonstrate “clear links” between brain trauma and brain disease later in life, including CTE. He called on the NHL to fund research studying the issue, describing it as imperative that the NHL take the lead on this issue. Blumenthal first reached out to Bettman a day before the NHL draft, requesting clarification over the NHL’s stance on the link between head trauma and CTE. That request came after emails between league officials were made public in an ongoing class-action lawsuit the NHL is facing over its’ handling of concussions.

Some of those emails exposed internal concerns on the subject. One email sent from Bettman to then-league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan in December 2011 asked: “Any more concussions?” “Not so far,” Shanahan responded. “Night is young!” Bettman said, replying from his iPhone. Blumenthal cited the emails, including those among league officials which raised questions about the future of fighting in hockey.

He asked Bettman nine questions, wondering how head trauma in hockey differed from football, what changes the NHL could make to protect the long-term health of players, and whether the NHL had considered eliminating fighting, among other queries related to the matter.

Up for re-election in Connecticut this November, Blumenthal was inquiring as the ranking member of the Senate subcommittee on consumer protection, product safety, insurance and data security, which he said had jurisdiction over sports.

In his response, Bettman included expansive detail on why the science was not yet definitive, why hockey was different from football, while also explaining the NHL and NHL Players’ Association’s various education and testing programs. The NHL, Bettman noted, was the first professional sports league with a “Concussion Program”, which mandated neuropsychological testing. The program was established in 1997. “Thus, while we agree that the ongoing research is very important, it is particularly unfair to criticize the NHL when we have followed the medical consensus of experts examining the science,” Bettman wrote. “If that consensus changes, so, too, will my answers.”

Speaking Wednesday after a World Cup-related announcement in Toronto’s Distillery District, Bettman disputed the notion that Blumenthal’s attacks were striking a chord in the public sphere. “It hasn’t gained any traction,” he said. “In fact, we haven’t heard from very many people about it all.”

MORBNOTE ; Typical lawyer !!!  …

Jan19Blog2

Source: NHL’s Gary Bettman brushes off attack from U.S. senator over concussion | Toronto Star

4:21 P.M. Florida mom , 62 , charged after son ‘pummels’ newborn to death …

2015MThoughtsHeader

Florida mom, 62, charged after son ‘pummels’ newborn to death 62-year-old mother arrested after infant dies 62-year-old mother arrested after infant dies   Police in Florida say a 6-year-old boy beat his baby sister to death in a car while their mother was inside a store. A 62-year-old Florida woman has been charged in the death of her newborn at the hands of her six-year-old son, after she allegedly left the children unattended in a van, police say. Kathleen Marie Steele faces a charge of aggravated manslaughter in connection with the death of her daughter, who was 13 days old. The incident happened on Monday afternoon in St. Petersburg, Fla., when Steele left her three children locked in a van for more than 30 minutes while running an errand, police said. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office says Steele’s six-year-old repeatedly slammed the newborn around the interior of the van, “pummelling” her and turning her head to “mush.” Steele’s three-year-old son was also in the vehicle at the time.  All three of the 62-year-old’s children were conceived through in vitro fertilization, police said.

Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says the six-year-old described the attack to police in detail. The boy became annoyed with his sister when she started crying, so he unbuckled her from her seat and “began flipping her multiple times back and forth, dropping her on the floor, slamming her head against the ceiling, striking her in the face and causing severe, severe trauma to the baby’s head and face,” Gualtieri said at a press conference on Thursday. Gualtieri said the six-year-old, who will not be charged, was co-operative in showing police how the attack occurred. “He was very demonstrative in what he did. We had him show us with a doll and it was very violent. He was slamming that doll. It was terrible.” Police found forensic evidence in the van consistent with the boy’s story, the sheriff said. The boy placed the infant back in her car seat after the attack, and informed his mother that the girl’s condition was “serious” when she returned to the van, Gualtieri said.

Police say Steele drove to another business before returning home, then called a neighbour who is a nurse when she saw the baby’s condition. The nurse contacted 911 but by that point it was too late, Gualtieri said. “The baby had likely been dead since they left the cellphone store.” He described the mother as “aloof” when emergency responders showed up at her home to attend to the child. Gualtieri says when paramedics started trying to revive the baby, “she turns around and goes to the kitchen and starts putting groceries away. Who does that?” …

Feb17OhWell

Source: Florida mom, 62, charged after son ‘pummels’ newborn to death | CTV News