7:12 P.M. Criminals lobbying the Government to make new laws that save their asses from jail ?!!! …

Read this HORSE SHIT  !!! …

The head of SNC-Lavalin told the Canadian government it had to change its anti-corruption rules “as expeditiously as possible” in a 2017 letter to the minister in charge of procurement, just as her department was helping oversee public consultations on lighter punishments for corporate misconduct.

SNC-Lavalin CEO Neil Bruce wrote to Public Services Minister Carla Qualtrough on Oct. 13, 2017 and sent copies of his message to seven other senior cabinet ministers.

Bruce also attached his company’s official submission for the consultations, which were examining possible changes to the “integrity regime” and the potential creation of a plea-bargain-type tool known as a deferred-prosecution agreement or remediation agreement.

Bruce’s Montreal-based firm was charged in 2015 with corruption and fraud over allegations it resorted to bribery while pursuing business in Libya. If convicted, it could be barred from public contracts for 10 years under the federal integrity regime.

He argued that Canada needed a deferred-prosecution agreement option as well as “enhancements” to its integrity regime for government contractors to align with policies in places like the United States, United Kingdom and France.

These are related but separate issues. Deferred-prosecution agreements, or DPAs, are plea-bargain type arrangements for companies that can show they have straightened up after behaving corruptly. The government’s own integrity regime covers which suppliers Ottawa will do business with; it aims to keep public dollars away from bad actors.

“The time is right to address especially the DPA as well as the (integrity regime),” Bruce wrote to Qualtrough. “But time is also of the essence.”

He warned that Canadian engineering and consulting firms didn’t have a level playing field with their foreign competitors, operating in countries that had deferred-prosecution agreements in their laws when Canada didn’t.

From there, Bruce’s letter underscored the urgency several more times.

“SNC-Lavalin fully supports the need to take the time to conduct a credible, fair, open and transparent consultation process,” he wrote. “However, Canada is clearly behind in terms of using all possible tools to deal as effectively as possible with corporate economic crime … Accordingly, we urge the government of Canada to move forward as expeditiously as possible.”

HEY the States do it … The UK … OF COURSE FRANCE ! … But they all get the freebee from their governments with DPAs !!! … YOU HAVE DO LET US OFF THE HOOK EVERY TIME WE DO SOMETHING CRIMINAL !!! … 

And then we get some info on their partner in crime … Junior and his Liberal staffers … From CBC ;

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is holding high-level discussions today to plot next steps in the ongoing SNC-Lavalin controversy — steps which may include Trudeau making some display of contrition over how officials in his office conducted themselves.

A senior government official said one of the options being discussed is for Trudeau to “show some ownership over the actions of his staff and officials” in their dealings with his former attorney general, Jody Wilson-Raybould.

Wilson-Raybould resigned from her cabinet position as veteran affairs minister on Feb. 12. Wilson-Raybould testified before a Commons committee last week that 11 officials in the Prime Minister’s Office and other offices inappropriately pressured her to override a decision to prosecute SNC-Lavalin on bribery charges related to contracts in Libya.

On Monday, Jane Philpott — one of Trudeau’s most trusted ministers — resigned from cabinet over the SNC-Lavalin affair as well, saying she had to “abide by my core values, my ethical responsibilities and constitutional obligations.”

This the ‘ strategy ‘ where Junior puts his best ‘ puppy dog eyes ‘ on … Who knows ,  maybe even sheds a tear or two ! … And tries to say he ” was just trying to help ‘ efweewon ‘ … We’ll do better … Really ! “…

BYE BYE JUNIOR !!! …

 

Source: SNC-Lavalin CEO urged Ottawa to change anti-corruption rules in 2017 letter – The Globe and Mail

11:14 A.M. DAMN RIGHT ya ain’t publishin’ my name and picture after scorin’ 3/4 of a BILLION !!! …

Lottery officials on Monday announced that a South Carolina resident had stepped forward to claim the $1.5-billion US Mega Millions jackpot from last October — the largest jackpot payout to a single winner in U.S. history — but elected to remain anonymous.

A lottery commission statement said the person submitting the claim for what was the second largest lottery in U.S. history has chosen the cash option , a one-time payment of nearly $878 million.

The biggest jackpot in U.S. history — a $1.585-billion Powerball prize won on Jan. 13, 2016 — was split between buyers in three states. That jackpot also had some mystery as the California winners didn’t come forward until about six months later.

” We are delighted that the winner is a South Carolinian and has come forward to claim this remarkable prize ” said Hogan Brown , the commission’s executive director. ” We respect the winner’s decision to remain anonymous , and we will honour the winner’s wishes.”

South Carolina is one of a handful of states where winners can remain anonymous.

It should be an option in ALL cases , including the lotteries up here in Canada … Aside from badgering from companies and salesmen .. Everyone you ever worked with or went to school with 30 odd years ago will be in your face !!! … PLUS you might have some people close to you that you’d just as soon not share with for whatever reason …

Source: $1.5B Mega Millions winner comes forward, just weeks before deadline to claim prize | CBC News

4:55 A.M. We need lotsa this down to the wire … MOMENTUM !!! …

2019Bandwagon

CALGARY — This could have been 6-4 … For either team.

Rather than a comfortable 6-2 victory that delighted the Leafs supporters who mixed plenty of blue into the “ C of Red ” Monday would have looked a lot different if not for Frederik Andersen.